Welcome to the Film-aholic Anonymous... I decided to put together my own Z-list of movies I've seen that are worth mentioning: the good, the bad, and the uglies.
Either they are too good to be true or too repulsive to fathom, they will be reel-listed...right here with my own little discussion. Care to join?

S

Shutter Island - 2010

Shutter Island is the Alcatraz to the most dangerous and difficult mentally ill patients.  It is the mental hospital with no escapes, surrounded by jagged rocks and cliffs.  This movie is about the case of a missing patient that had mysteriously disappeared from her quarters.  Leonardo Dicaprio plays a U.S. Marshal name Teddy Daniels, a recent widower,  who goes to the island with his partner to investigate the problem.  Upon arrival, we realize that the missing patient isn't the only problem Teddy faces.  This movie is smart, with captivating stories, deranged characters, and a lot of names to remember.  To be honest, I had to be dragged to this movie because I remembered how petrified I was of the trailer.  But in the end, I was so thankful my friend took me, because I would have missed out on an amazing movie.  Shutter Island is a psychological thriller, and the trailer is as scary as it gets.  With all the duplicitous plots and complications throughout the movie, I was afraid the ending would be disappointing and fail to connect the dots.  But I was very pleased with how the movie ended. Simply put: the movie delivered. 

Shutter Island is a very mentally stimulating movie.  It is incredibly detail oriented so be careful not to miss any side stories, names, or incidents....in other words, be AWAKE!  For those of you who are like me, a scaredy cat sensitive to any paranormal accounts or even PG-13 scary movies (i.e. The Sixth Sense, The Ring, Scary Movie 3, and the like) and are deterred from watching Shutter Island because of the trailer...... do not worry, it's not that scary.  Just fair warning: the music is a bit daunting.   But if I can watch it, so can you.  I rate this movie 4 stars!     

No comments:

Post a Comment